Introducing the Libraries’ New Catalog: Powerful, Flexible, and Packed with Features
We’re delighted to introduce a new and improved library catalog, optimized to meet the sophisticated needs of today’s users. The catalog is powered by VuFind, an open-source discovery interface that was developed at Villanova University and relies on community support from libraries around the globe.
The new catalog provides an enhanced interface with many new features that guarantee a rewarding user experience, such as:
- enhanced relevance ranking for more precise results;
- the ability to refine results by format, subject, language, and date of publication;
- autocorrect search suggestions and related item recommendations;
- enriched content, including cover images, previews, and tables of contents; and
- compatibility with mobile devices.
In addition to these new features, the catalog also provides:
- the ability to request items, renew checkouts, and manage your account;
- a virtual book bag where you can save selections and print, text, email, or export them as citations using EndNote or RefWorks; and
- the ability to save searches and to create and save lists.
We invite you to provide feedback using the option located on the right corner of the catalog’s menu bar. We’ll use your input to continue to make improvements. Thank you!