Libraries into the Future: Star Wars and Rutgers 250 Fun on Tap for Rutgers Day in New Brunswick
Join the New Brunswick and Health Sciences Libraries at Rutgers Day on Saturday, April 30 in the Voorhees Mall Area on the College Avenue Campus. This year’s activities will explore the theme of Libraries into the Future, celebrating the Libraries’ role in preserving the university’s 250-year history while drawing upon the excitement of evolving library technologies and the futuristic Star Wars series.
Visit our tents throughout the day to join in on the fun, including:
- Historical trivia wheel—answer correctly to win great prizes!
- Live 3D printing demonstrations—watch our MakerBot create a Rutgers keychain in front of your eyes!
- Selfie stations—strike a pose with life-size figures of Star Wars characters and icons from Rutgers history!
- Sweepstakes entry—you could win an Amazon Fire tablet!
- Information table—learn all about our services and public programming!
In addition, our popular children’s story time tent will feature VIP readers from the Libraries and Rutgers Athletics:
- 10 a.m. Krisellen Maloney, vice president for information services and university librarian
- 11 a.m. Katie Beilin, Kimberly Jevic, and Megan Cunningham, Field Hockey Team
- 12 p.m. Christina Paulsen and Sam Moyal, Golf Team
- 1 p.m. Alex Juzwiak, Track & Field Team
- 2 p.m. Alyssa Black, Swimming & Diving Team
Finally, don’t miss our R Garden sculpture featuring imagery from Rutgers through the Centuries: 250 Years of Treasures from the Archives. The exhibition, located in Alexander Library, will be open in the afternoon for tours with university archivist Tom Frusciano.