New Backfiles Expand Coverage of Popular Journals
Four new journal backfiles have been added to our collection, greatly expanding coverage of several popular titles. All can now be accessed by the Rutgers community via QuickSearch.
First, an additional subcollection of journals has been added in Periodicals Archive Online, Periodicals Archive Online Foundation Collection 3. This adds an additional 171 titles to Periodicals Archive Online, which contains backfiles of significant periodicals in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
Second, we have added the full backfiles issued by the American Medical Association for JAMA (previously, Journal of the American Medical Association) and its related titles. This includes the following journals and their predecessor titles, dating from their earliest year of publication to 1997, or the date the journal ceased publication:
- Journal of the American Medical Association (1883-1997) now JAMA
- Archives of Dermatology (1920-1997) now JAMA Dermatology
- Archives of General Psychiatry (1959-1997) now JAMA Psychiatry
- Archives of Neurology (1959-1997) now JAMA Neurology
- Archives of Internal Medicine (1908-1997) now JAMA Internal Medicine
- Archives of Ophthalmology (1929-1997) now JAMA Ophthalmology
- Archives of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery (1925-1997) now JAMA Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
- Archives of Surgery (1920-1997) now JAMA Surgery
- Archives of Neurology & Psychiatry (1919 to 1958)
- Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (formerly American Journal of Diseases of Children) (1911-1997) now JAMA Pediatrics
Third, we have added an additional backfile of the New England Journal of Medicine dating from 1812 Volume 1, Issue 1 to 1944, Volume 231, Issue 26. We now have access to the New England Journal of Medicine from 1812 to the present.
Finally, we have added access to the C&EN Archives, which is the American Chemical Society's backfile of past issues of Chemical & Engineering News dating from 1923-2017.