Now Available: Visible Body
February 14, 2020
Online access to Visible Body, a 3D anatomy visualization database, is now available to the Rutgers community.
The platform includes access to five modules, each available both as a desktop site and a mobile app:
- Human Anatomy Atlas: Includes complete male and female gross anatomy for 11 systems: nervous, skeletal, circulatory, muscular, digestive, urinary, lymphatic, endocrine, and reproductive. The 3D models simulate a dissection lab experience, allowing rotation, zooming in and out, dissection through superficial anatomy, and detail. It also includes information about common pathologies and compares 3D models with cadaver and diagnostic images.
- Muscle Premium: Includes complete muscular and skeletal systems and partial nervous and circulatory systems.
- Skeleton Premium: Includes 3D models of each bone in the articulated skeleton, hundreds of ligaments, bone landmarks, and moving synovial joints.
- Physiology Animations: Includes over 115 animations of core physiological processes.
- Heart & Circulatory Premium: Includes 3D models, interactives presentation, quick video clips, and images illustrating the anatomy and physiology of the circulatory system.