Start Your Search Engines: QuickSearch is Live!
The wait is over! QuickSearch, the Libraries’ new search service, launches today.
QuickSearch allows you to search our vast collection of print and electronic resources using a single, easy-to-use interface. It lets you search across collections and media types with great efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy.
With QuickSearch, you can enjoy:
- A wealth of scholarly content. QuickSearch provides quick, convenient access to millions of books, journals, articles, and audiovisual materials, via a single interface, at any time, and on any device.
- An intuitive user interface. QuickSearch offers a simple, intuitive interface with modern features such as automated search suggestions, spelling autocorrect, and easy-to-use filters for narrowing and refining search results.
- Relevant, personalized results. QuickSearch delivers relevant, personalized search results from a variety of sources using a sophisticated ranking algorithm.
- Serendipitous discovery. QuickSearch supports exploration and learning by providing pathways to related content such as article recommendations, virtual browse, and citation trails.
- Helpful research tools. QuickSearch offers useful tools for citing and exporting references, saving items and searches, and creating RSS feeds and email alerts.
- Integrated library services. QuickSearch provides seamless access to library services for requesting items, renewing loans, and managing your library borrowing activity.
QuickSearch is a direct response to feedback from the Rutgers community. In 2016, the Libraries conducted a survey of students and faculty across the university to learn more about their information needs. The data highlighted opportunities for us to improve the way we provide access to our resources—for instance, by making it easier to search our collections with a mobile device, or to connect to the full text of a journal article when it is available. QuickSearch makes improvements in these areas and many more.
“Our goal with QuickSearch is to provide our users with the best possible online experience,” said Krisellen Maloney, vice president for information services and university librarian. “We’ve taken their feedback to heart and have been working hard to develop a user-friendly website that provides easy access to the resources they need.”
Try QuickSearch for yourself on our homepage or by visiting quicksearch.libraries.rutgers.edu.