China Data Online provides detailed official statistics on the population and economy of China. It is divided into two parts: China Statistical Databases and China Census Databases.
China Statistical Databases provide comprehensive and updated information on China's economic development at national, provincial, city, county, and industrial levels. This includes the following databases:
- Monthly Statistics - provides the monthly macroeconomic statistics at national, provincial and city levels from 1998 to current.
- National Statistics - provides statistical data of China from 1949 to current
- Provincial Statistics - provides the statistical data of all provinces from 1949 to current
- City Statistics - provides yearly statistics of prefecture and county level cities from 1996
- County Statistics - provides the yearly county statistics from 1997
- Industrial Statistics - provides monthly and yearly statistics by industries from 1999
- Statistical Yearbooks - includes a series of China national, provincial, city and professional statistical yearbooks, which will be expanded to cover all statistical yearbooks published by the National Bureau of Statistics of China.
China Census Databases provide a unique data collection of various Census data with a completed coverage of all provinces, cities, counties and townships of Mainland China, which include about 3000 electronic Census data books. The Census Databases are divided into:
- Industrial Census Data (1995)
- Basic Unit Census Data (1982, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005)
- Economic Census Data (2004)
- Agricultural Census Data
- Population Census and Survey Data
Once at the web site, select an individual database to search from the left menu bar. You will then be presented with options to select specific locations, topics, and years.
For help, click "Support", or "Online Question and Answer" from the top menu bar.
From 1949 to present, depending on series. See description above for more details.
Official statistical publications of the Chinese government.
Type of coverage
Produced by the China Data Center at the University of Michigan, in collaboration with the All China Market Research Company, using official data sources from the government of China.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider
China Data Center