- Search QuickSearch to verify that the item you need is not already available at Rutgers.
- If the item is not owned or is currently unavailable at Rutgers, search E-ZBorrow and place a request for quick delivery to your local campus library. For a book not available at Rutgers or E-ZBorrow, search UBorrow and place a direct request for it.
- Log in to Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery with your NetID or library barcode and password. If you are an affiliate user with ILL privileges (emeritus faculty, visiting scholars, Rowan_CCC, faculty research assistants, attending physicians, hospital personnel, individuals in joint programs, and retirees) you may log in with your library barcode and password. First time users must register with the ILL system.
- On the main menu under New Request, choose "ILL Book Request," "Article Request," or "Book Chapter." Use the book request form to request dissertations, scores, newspapers, or microform.
- Fill in all items of information called for on the forms. Avoid using abbreviations in authors' names or journal titles. Click on the [Submit Request] button.
- Your new interlibrary loan requests will be listed under "Outstanding Requests" with a transaction number, request type, title, author, and current status.