1. First, register with the libraries by visiting the circulation desk of any Rutgers library.
To register you need:
- Barcode from RU connection card
- Email Address
For more information see: Registering with the Rutgers Libraries.
2. Once registered, the barcode from the RU connection card is needed to:
3. NetID/password are needed to:
- Access your QuickSearch Account (e.g. to see what you have checked out, renew materials, or place requests)
- Access Rutgers Delivery Service (RDS) (Request delivery of materials between campus libraries)
- Access databases and other restricted resources, or to see complete QuickSearch results, from off-campus
- Access Interlibrary Loan/Article Delivery services, including E-ZBorrow and UBorrow
- Use RefWorks (Bibliography and Database manager)
- Access RUWireless in library buildings
- Use Library public workstations
- Deposit Faculty submissions in RUcore
4. Some specific resources (RefWorks, SciFinder Scholar) and alert services (Table of contents alerts, Daily/weekly email alerts, Saved search alerts) require that you create a separate account on the vendor's website to use them.