Dana Library Open for Extended Hours During the Spring Final Exam Period
A Joint Announcement from Dana Library and the Student Governing Association
We are pleased to announce that the Dana Library will be open extended hours during the spring final exam period. This extended schedule is being made possible with funding provided by the Office of the Chancellor and through the partnership efforts of the Newark Computing Services, the Rutgers University Police Department, RU-N Custodial Services and the Student Governing Association.
Our hours of operation during the final exam period will be:
- Tuesday, May 3rd: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 4th - May 6th: open at 8:00 a.m. on Wed. and closes at midnight, Fri.
- Saturday, May 7th: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 8th - May 10th: open at 12:00 noon and closes 2:00 a.m., Tues.
- Tuesday, May 10th: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 11th: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Access to the Dana Library will be restricted after 10:00 p.m. to the Rutgers University community and that of the greater Newark area universities and colleges (i.e., New Jersey Institute of Technology, Essex County Community College, Seton Hall, etc.).
To ensure the safety of all building occupants:
- Library users will be required to show their Rutgers ID, or area university/college ID.
- Library users will need to have their Rutgers ID, or area university/college ID available to display upon request.
- Security will be present in the building at all times, with escort service provided upon request.
During the 24 hour schedule, library visitors may park in Parking Deck 1 for the three overnights until 8:00 a.m. the following morning without getting ticketed.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs will be providing complimentary coffee service from 9:00 p.m. until supplies run out during the 24 hour study schedule.
For additional information, or if you have questions, please feel free to email Consuella Askew, Director, John Cotton Dana Library: email@example.com.