Minutes of January 15, 2008 Meeting

J. Abraham, S. Bartz, M. Belasco, A. Butman, S. Dalina, N. Gonzaga, P. Johnson, K. Kuehl, J. Maxymuk, A. Ruggiero, R Sandler, C. Singh and D. Voorhees.

1. Systems Update

Shevon’s replacement, Chris Francheschini, has started and is working on the Fordham Lab machines. The Fordham Lab server has been installed but not all software has arrived. The Lab will open on January 30th.

Anne B. has been installing staff machines in Camden. The authenticating timeout period on public machines in New Brunswick is being changed to 15 minutes.

Anne received an email about Office 2007 training, but Systems cannot help with this till February.

2. Network Migration

Nick sent out an email requesting that users clean up their folders on the server and delete unused files, particularly large ones. He will send a reminder that reiterates his offer to back up large files on CDs.

Nick created the domain for the migration last week, and the consultant from OIT is now involved. Nick will schedule the migration to start shortly. He foresees being able to do two libraries a week. Each user machine should take from 10-20 minutes to set up, and the user needs to be there to type in a new password and to make sure that everything is working. Anne noted that Systems will be happy to accommodate the schedules of individual users as long as prior notice is given.

3. Old/New Business

Joe detailed his problems in finding out who is responsible for RefWorks support. OIRT claims responsibility only for credential issues such as login problems. They say that Systems is responsible for proxy issues and that advanced software questions are the province of unit reference desks. Anne will bring this up at the next Systems staff meeting.

Rich noted that the LSM teleconference unit is tested and running. The choice for the Pane Room is likely to be a Tandberg. He also discussed the progress with the video reference project.

4. Local Updates

Chris reported that wireless access for students on the fourth floor of Newark is now operational.

5. Future Meeting Dates

The next meetings are scheduled on February 19, March 18 and April 15 at 10AM in the TSB Conference Room.

Reported by John Maxymuk

URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/systems/pcwg/minutes/pcwg_08-01-15.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy
© Copyright 1997-, Rutgers University Libraries