Central Technical Services
The Central Technical Services Department is located in the Technical and Automated Services Building (TSB) on Busch
Campus. The department manages the acquisitions, cataloging, and metadata functions for Rutgers University Libraries
across all three campuses, with technical support from Distributed Technical Services and Systems.
Central Technical Services' primary responsibilities:
- Oversee order requests and receipts, process invoices, and manage funds for all formats of print, multimedia, and
digital scholarly resources.
- Provide integrated and permanent access to all formats of print, multimedia, and digital scholarly resources through
original, complex, and copy cataloging in IRIS and RUcore.
- Provide streamlined access to all resources through maintenance of authority control for bibliographic and metadata
- Maintain the integrity of IRIS and RUcore through regular assessment and revision of existing bibliographic, metadata,
and authority records.
- Safeguard access and availability to all resources through end processing functions such as labeling, property
stamping, and security taping.
- Participate and provide leadership in collaborative statewide and regional initiatives to sustain and develop