Detail of an Indian deed in the Indenture Collection, 1681, including personal marks
The majority of the resources listed on this page concern collections that have finding aids. For additional materials concerning related subjects, please do a targeted advanced search in our library catalog (view instructions). Please check back regularly, as we continue to add collections to this site.
For finding aids and additional information contact our reference services. Materials stored off-site must be requested three days in advance.
Our collection includes a number of deeds concerning the transfer of land, signed by named Native Americans with their personal mark. Access is through our card catalog in the reading room.
- Northern Missionary Society in the State of New York records, 1803-1833
- Charles Philhower collection, 1826-1959
- Printed materials about Native America may be found by a target search in our library collection for the subject terms "Indians of North America" and "Indian land transfers" (view instructions). Rare books a fragile materials may only be requested when no digital reproduction is available online.
Immigrant communities and diversity
Manuscript and printed materials
Individual manuscript and printed resources may be found through a targeted search in the library catalog by searching by country of origin or language (view instructions).
- Migratory labor: see Consumers League of New Jersey records, 1896-1988
- Jewish immigrants: see synagoge records in religious Institutions
- Council for Human Services in New Jersey records, 1904-1992
- Pacific/Asian Coalition of New Jersey Chapter records, 1974-2007
- Philippine Nurses Association of America records, 1892-2010
- Somerset County Cultural Diversity Coalition records, 1994-2011