To Request a Book
Search the to find the record for the book you want, then select the request option that best fits your needs. For delivery to a law library or off campus location, always use the Special Request option when requesting books owned by Rutgers. Regardless of the option you choose, you will be notified by e-mail and in "My Library Account" when your book becomes available for pick-up.
|If your book is||Then|
|In Library and Circulating||
|In Library and Non-Circulating||
To Request an Article
- Search the to find the record for the journal that you need.
- If the article you need is not available full-text in electronic format at Rutgers, click on the "Article Delivery" option.
- Log on to the Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services webpage.
- On the main menu under New Request, select and fill out the "Article Request." Form
- Fill out the entire form, providing as much information about the article as possible.
- Articles are posted as PDF documents. You will be notified by email when your article is available.
To Cancel a Request
- To cancel a book request, write to Ask a Librarian and include your full name and the titles of the items you wish to cancel. Library staff will cancel your request and update library records.
- To cancel an article request, logon to the Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services webpage. Select "Outstanding Requests," find the article request you wish to cancel and click on its transaction number in the left-hand column. Click on "Cancel Request" at the top of the Transaction Information screen. Your cancelled request is removed from "Outstanding Requests" and can be viewed under "Cancelled Requests."
For more information about delivery of materials in the collections of the Rutgers University Libraries, see Rutgers Delivery Service (RDS).