To Request a Book
- Search the to find the record for the book you need. Confirm that the book has a Type-Circulate? code ending in "-Y" to indicate that it circulates outside of the library.
- Click on the "Book Delivery/Recall" button.
- Enter your NetID and password or, if you are do not have a Rutgers NetID and are eligible to request books, enter your library barcode and PIN.
- Select the library where you want to pick up the book.
- For multi-volumes sets, place a check mark in the box beside the volume number for each volume that you want. You can request more than one volume if you wish.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- Use the "Item Special Request" button to request books under special circumstances:
- You need a book delivered to a Rutgers law library or off-campus pickup site,
- The item has a Status of ON-ORDER,
- The item is in a noncirculating library (e.g., ART, JAZZ, SPCOL/UA) or has a Type-Circulate? code ending in "-N" and you need delivery to a campus in a different geographic region (i.e., Camden, New Brunswick/Piscataway, or Newark) for 5 days of In-Library use. Reference books will be delievered to libraries within the same campus and geographic region.
- You will be notified by e-mail when your book becomes available for pick-up.
- If all Rutgers copies of the item you need are:
- CHECKED-OUT, or
- ihas a Type-Circulate? code ending in "-N",
To Request an Article
- Search the to find the record for the journal that you need.
- If the article you need is not available full-text in electronic format at Rutgers, click on the "Article Delivery" option.
- Log on to the Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services webpage. On the main menu under New Request select and fill out the "Article Request." Form
- Fill out the entire form, providing as much information about the article as possible.
- Articles are posted as PDF documents. You will be notified by email when your article is available.
To Cancel a Request
- To cancel a book request, write to Ask a Librarian and include your full name and the titles of the items you wish to cancel. Library staff will cancel your request and update library records.
- To cancel an article request, logon to the Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services webpage. Select "Outstanding Requests," find the article request you wish to cancel and click on its transaction number in the left-hand column. Click on "Cancel Request" at the top of the Transaction Information screen. Your cancelled request is removed from "Outstanding Requests" and can be viewed under "Cancelled Requests."
For more information about delivery of materials in the collections of the Rutgers University Libraries, see Rutgers Delivery Service (RDS).