Family & Society Studies Worldwide indexes and provides abstracts for literature on the family and family-related subjects. Subjects covered include family therapy, cross-cultural issues, minority groups, intermarriage, social policy, parenting, family relationships, foster care and adoption. The database has an international perspective and citations are drawn from a wide range of social science disciplines including anthropology, sociology, psychology, health sciences, demography, law, social work, gerontology, and history.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Journal alerts and Search history alerts.
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
Journals, books, book chapters, websites, conference papers, selected popular literature, government reports, working papers and other grey literature.
The database incorporates: Family & Society Studies Database, Australian Family & Society Abstracts, U.S. Military Family Resource Center Documents Database, and National Clearinghouse on Family Violence, Health Canada.
Type of coverage
Indexing with abstracts.
Print counterpart or
Inventory of Marriage and Family Literature, 1973-1994
Vendor/electronic presentation provider