Humanities Index Retrospective provides citations to articles covering a wide-range of humanities and interdisciplinary fields. The sources include core, scholarly English-language periodicals as well as a number of lesser-known but important specialized magazines published between 1907 and 1984. Among the subjects covered are: Archaeology, Area Studies, Art, Classical Studies, Dance, Film, Folklore, Gender Studies, History, Journalism, Linguistics, Literary and Social Criticism, Literature, Music, Performing Arts, Philosophy, Religion and Theology.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
Type of coverage
Indexing with citations.
Print counterpart or
Corresponds to the following print counterparts available in Annex, Camden, and Dana:
- International Index: 18 volumes, 1907 - March 1965
- Social Sciences & Humanities Index: 9 volumes April 1965 - March 1974
- Humanities Index: 10 volumes: April 1974 - March 1984
Vendor/electronic presentation provider