Mergent Online (formerly FIS Online) is a database of corporate information covering over 22,000 US and foreign public companies. Information available for each company includes the following:
- A complete corporate history including acquisitions and changes in ownership structure
- Lists of subsidiaries, property holdings, and key personnel
- Up to 25 years of annual and quarterly financial data, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and financial ratios
- Up to 10 years of scanned, full-image, annual reports, along with full coverage of SEC filings
- Extensive information about the corporation's current long term debt
- Links to recent news reports
- Reports on insider and institutional owners
Data output can be customized and exported as comma-delimited files (readable by Excel and other software).
Advanced search capabilities include searching by executive's name, auditor, country code, NAICS or SIC industry code, and selected financial characteristics and ratios.
Basic Search allows for quick lookup by company name or ticker symbol. Advanced Search allows for keyword searching of a number of fields, as well as matching by financial criteria. Use EDGAR Search for corporate filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Click on "HELP" on any screen for context-sensitive assistance.
See also this Quick Reference Guide for Mergent Online [PDF - 250 k]
Up to the most recent 25 years of data, and up to the most recent 10 years of annual reports.
Corporate and financial information from individual companies, as well as proprietary analyses of stocks and bonds (Equity Reports and Bond Portraits).
Type of coverage
Full-text reports on companies, accompanied by financial data (downloadable as comma-delimited files) and full-image annual reports.
Print counterpart or
The contents of the database are equivalent to the print Mergent (formerly Moody's) Manual series.
See Mergent WebReports to search the digitized archive of the Corporate and Municipal manuals.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider