Minutes of August 13, 2008 meeting

Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha (Dana), Jonathan Embres (Camden), Jamie Maguire, Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi (recorder), Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman (Chair)


  1. Approval of last month's minutes.
  2. Batchwith vs Discard - what should we be using?
  3. When charging out an item to a user (such as CS-ALEX), should we just default to whatever date is supplied (such as end of semester), or should we revise time period to NEVER?
  4. Discussion of how the Item Type changes are impacting SIP, noncirculating items, and any other processes.
  5. Information sharing / Updates on projects.

1. Minutes for June and July will be reviewed at next month's meeting.

2. When withdrawing an item use the new BATCHWITH user created. By doing this systems can withdraw a number of items all at once and in case if any orders are attached they can move them from the item. Please do not use the DISCARD function.

3. When charging out an item to a user (such as CS-ALEX), stay with the default to whatever date is supplied (such as end of semester).

4. Melody reviewed the Item type changes document she created, with the group. She discussed how Item type changes impact holdings when working with Serials Inventory, non circulating items, and other processes. Melody will update the document and post it on the T-Drive--Alex coll--Item Types folder.

5. Updates:


  1. Use BATCHWITH user instead of DISCARD.


  1. MT will update the Item Types document and post it on the T-Drive.
  2. MT will find out about the large number of items Fatima received, if it should be incorporated as a project.


  1. Meeting minutes from June and July.

Next meeting: September 10, LSM Special Collections, 10:00am
Next recorder: Melody Tomaszewicz
Back up recorder: Linda Zuckerman

URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/holdings/minutes/holdings_08-08-13.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy
© Copyright 1997-, Rutgers University Libraries