The Web of Science Core Collection, available through the Thomson Reuters InCites platform, includes nine additional indexes containing information gathered from thousands of scholarly journals, books, book series, reports, conferences, and more. Web of Science provides single search across the following databases:
- BIOSIS Citation Index: 1926-present
- BIOSIS Previews®: 1990-present
- Current Contents Connect®: 1998-present:
- Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Arts & Humanities
- Business Collection
- Clinical Medicine
- Electronics and Telecommunications Collection
- Engineering, Computing & Technology
- Life Sciences
- Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Data Citation Index(SM): 1900-present
- Derwent Innovations Index(SM): 1963-present
- KCI-Korean Journal Database: 1980-present
- Medline: 1950-present
- SciELO Citation Index: 1997-present
- Web of Science(TM): Core Collection:
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index: 1984-present
- Book Citation Index
- Science: 2005-present
- Social Science & Humanities: 2005-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index™
- Science: 1990-present
- Social Science & Humanities: 1990-present
- Current Chemical Reactions (CCR): 1985-present
- Index Chemicus (IC): 1993-present
- Science Citation Index Expanded: 1980-present
- Social Sciences Citation Index: 1980-present
- Zoological Records® 1864-present
For more information about the above databases, click here.
The following three citation indexes contain the references cited by the authors of the articles. You can use these references to do cited reference searching. This type of search allows you to find articles that cite a previously published work. It fully covers over 12,000 highly acclaimed impact journal worldwide.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) -- 1975-present
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-Expanded) -- 1900-present
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) -- 1900-present
Web of Science provides complete bibliographic data, searchable author abstracts, and cited references. Journals covered in Web of Science are chosen for their credibility, influence, and relevancy. Coverage is strongest in the sciences (more than 8000 journals), followed by social sciences (almost 3000 journals), and arts and humanities (approximately 1600 journals). For impact factor information about specific journals, users are directed to the index "Journal Citation Reports."
Context-sensitive online help system, online tutorials available. Please see http://wokinfo.com/training_support/training/web-of-knowledge/
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
Weekly for all but Current Contents Direct, which is updated daily.
Journal articles, including full papers, editorials, commentaries, reviews, letters, meeting abstracts, clinical reports, and more.
Type of coverage
Indexing with citations, with linking to full-text of articles if they are subscribed to by the Libraries.
Print counterpart or
Science Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index. See the for holdings of these titles.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider