AccessMedicine website is optimized for mobile devices. In order to use AccessMedicine Mobile, users must create a free personal account with AccessMedicine from a computer in the university network. Click on "MyAccessMedicine" at the upper right corner of the AccessMedicine website.
Access the mobile site by opening a browser from your mobile device.. Fill out the registration form and then follow these steps to use AccessMedicine on your mobile device:
- Go to: http://m.accessmedicine.com. You will be prompted for the username and password you just created.
- Save the site to your home screen for easy access at a later time.
To use the ClinicalKey mobile app, you should first register for a user account. Go to http://www.clinicalkey.com and click on Register at the upper right corner and fill out the form on the registration page using your Rutgers email address. Click Register when finished.
To install the app to your mobile device, open the App Store on your mobile device. Search for “ClinicalKey” and install at no charge. Once in the app, two options will appear – Click on ClinicalKey. Enter your ClinicalKey username and password what used for remote access and start using the ClinicalKey App.
Instructions to download DynaMed Plus app to your iPhone:
- Access DynaMed Plus from the desktop version.
- Click on the Sign Up for Remote Access link on the top of DynaMed Plus website as shown below:
3. Sign up for a personal account. A time-sensitive email will be sent to you with further instructions. Check your email which says "Please use the following link to complete your DynaMed Plus account set-up or to reset the password to your existing DynaMed Plus account." You need to complete the account setup process within 72 hours. Otherwise contact the EBSCO administrator or EBSCO Support http://support.ebsco.com to receive a new account setup URL or password reset URL.
4. Download the free DynaMed Plus app from the iTunes App store or Google Play (depending on what type of mobile device you use) to your mobile device. Open the app and log into your account. You should be able to access DynaMed Plus on your mobile device.
EE+ is optimized for iPhone, Android, and other mobile devices. Users should create a personal account at the EEPlus website.
- Click on "My Account" at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click "Register" in the box on the right and complete the registration form.
- To access the mobile version of EE+, simply launch a browser and go to: http://www.eeplus.mobi/m in your mobile device. You will be prompted to enter your EE+ personal account that was created before.
- Add the screen to your home screen for easy access at a later time.
MD Consult has retired as of December 31, 2014. It is replaced by ClinicalKey (including First Consult).To learn how to download the ClinicalKey App, please refer to ClinicalKey on the top of this page.
This app is just another way of searching PubMed, just like the Mobile Site version. Its advantage is that you can save the search results and BabelMeSH (a cross-language search to MEDLINE/PubMed) is bundled with it. All users can access journal abstracts and search PICO.
Users must register in order to download mobile versions of the product. Any email address may be used as long as the user does so on a computer on the Rutgers network/IP range. A limit of three downloads of the mobile app are allowed per person, on up to three devices. Registration is also required in order to earn CME/CE/CPD credit via UpToDate. ONLY AUTHORIZED RUTGERS UNIVERSITY USERS MAY ACCESS AND/OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR THIS PRODUCT TO A MOBILE DEVICE.