- Books, journals, and other resources: All physical borrowing services are suspended, including interlibrary loan (ILL, including E-ZBorrow and UBorrow). We are working on a plan to make our physical collections available even while building access remains limited. We will provide a target date and additional information as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, you can still access millions of books and journals through QuickSearch.
- Article requests: You can still request digital articles via ILL
- New ebooks: We are adding access to thousands of new resources via QuickSearch
- Research guides: We have thousands of research guides to help you locate curated, subject-specific online resources.
- Borrowing, loans, and returns: Due dates have been extended to September 30, 2020 for all Rutgers and interlibrary loan materials. Please do not return any books at this time. We'll waive any late fees when you return your items.
- COVID-19 research and information: The COVID-19 Resource Guide presents resources related to the pandemic from the NIH, FDA, Rutgers, the state of NJ, and more.
ONLINE LEARNING INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT
- Library instruction: Request online instruction sessions
- Course Reserves: Request additions to your reserves list or set up an online reading list
- Get new digital content: Recommend a purchase for your teaching or research
- Research Guides: A subject librarian can help create or modify a subject or course guide
- Tutorials: See a list of available tutorials, or contact a subject librarian in your area to develop a new tutorial or get advice on other online instructional materials.
- Software: OIT is now providing access to software via virtual computer labs.
- Printing: OIT advises you to continue using digital files when possible. If you are asked for printed copies, inquire if an electronic format will suffice due to the extenuating circumstances. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- IT Resources: Visit coronavirus.rutgers.edu for resources including tech tools for faculty, tech resources for students, and tech resources for working remotely.
- Free software for remote use: Visit the Rutgers IT software portal.
- IT Support: Contact your local OIT help desk.
PHYSICAL LIBRARY ACCESS
All Rutgers library locations are closed completely. We are working with the appropriate university offices to determine when and how best to reopen our buildings and provide access to our collections. Our top priority is to establish the proper safeguards so that we can ensure the wellbeing of our library employees and patrons. Plans for reopening physical spaces and collections will be shared as soon as they become available.