Announcing EndNote 20
EndNote 20 for both Windows and Mac has been released. The links to download EndNote 20 on either platform are now posted on our EndNote page. Three open training sessions will be held by the Libraries on January 8, January 29, and February 26, 2021, all from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Please register here to attend.
With the same power and flexibility in managing citations, EndNote 20 features the following major improvements:
- New intuitive interface design
- Improved PDF reading
- New workflow enhancements
- Improved way to detect duplicates
Compared to EndNote X9 (i.e., 19) and earlier versions, EndNote 20 at launch includes the following features and functions:
- New Library menu and revised Tools menu
- Changes in buttons, icons, and layout
- Improved and simpler Online Search
- Quick access to Preferences
- Multiple Libraries in separate windows
- Fields like Rating, Read status no longer default but still available
- Simple Search and Advanced Search
- Duplicate Search with new fields added
- Sync Status showing more details
- EndNote Click (formerly Kopernio) installer as a default option, allowing you to add bibliographic and full text information from online resources when available into EndNote
Please note that Help has not been updated for EndNote 20 yet. More features will be released in the coming year. Features such as citing in Word Online and Google Doc are on the enhancement list.
When switching to EndNote 20, if you are using EndNote X9.2 or earlier, you will need to convert your library when it is opened the first time. According to Clarivate, both the old and new versions can co-exist but only one can be linked to Word for CWYW and only one can automatically open text files when directly exporting from sources.
More training materials on EndNote 20 are being prepared by your librarians. Please visit back to the EndNote page and EndNote tutorials guide for updated information. If you have any questions or need help with EndNote, please contact email@example.com.