75 Avenue E
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8040
As the subject specialist and liaison librarian for sociology, criminal justice, South Asian and Middle Eastern studies, I provide reference, research assistance and teach library research classes for students, researchers, and faculty, and purchase books and other materials for the library's collections in these areas. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to setup a research consultation or a library research session for your class..
I have more than twenty years of experience as an academic librarian in the field of reference, information services, instruction, information literacy and collection development mainly in the subject areas of social sciences, and more recently in South Asian and Middle Eastern studies. During 2010-2013, I was Director of the South Asian Studies Program at Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences, managing the program. planning, hosting events and lectures, and advising undergraduate minors and graduate students in their course selection and research. I continue as an executive member of the Program and am a member of the South Asian studies faculty research working group. I also enjoy serving as a faculty advisor to the Rutgers student organization – Natya – an Indian Classical dance group of undergraduate students studying at Rutgers.
Selected Reports, Publications and Presentations
- Kuchi, Triveni. Building Relationships and Co-creating Value: The Catalyst Liaison Librarian. Invited presentation at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library, Mumbai, India. August 20, 2014.
- Kuchi, Triveni. The Engaged Librarian: Some Implications and Insights for Co-Creation of Value with Users. Invited presentation at SNDT Women's University, SHPT School of Library Science, Mumbai, India. August 22, 2014.
- Kuchi, Triveni. RU-India Collaborations: A Strategy Report. With co-chair Prof. Dipak Sarkar and members of the Ad Hoc Faculty Strategic Planning Committee for India, Rutgers University. March 2013.
- Kuchi, Triveni. IIE International Academic Partnership Program-2012 India Strategic Report. With Alison Price-Rom, Joanna Regulska, and David Finegold. June 2012. Sent to Institute for International Education as part of the IAPP strategic planning documentation and study tour participation.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Report of RU Delegation’s Study Tour of Educational Institutions in India Jan 22 – Feb 3, 2012. With David Finegold, Alison Price-Rom and Joanna Regulska. February 15, 2012. Presented at various meetings at Rutgers University.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Being Em<be>dded - Embedded Librarianship: Some Implications and Insights for Co-Creating Value. [Listed title: Embedded Librarianship New ways of building relationship with Faculty- http://lib.jnu.ac.in/embedded-librarianship-new-ways-building-relationship-faculty]. Invited Presentation at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Feb 3, 2012.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Wearing Two Hats: Librarians' Experiences Running Academic Programs at Rutgers. SAPAC Brown Bag presentation, Pane Room. With J. Niessen. December 10, 2011.
- Kuchi, Triveni. "Eating the Potato: Culture, Communication & Camaraderie - a Diversity Festival celebrated at Rutgers University Libraries." with Marilyn Wilt. Poster presentation at the National Diversity in Libraries Conference, July 16, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Invited Speaker. “Resourcefully vying for our user’s attention with library’s primary sources: Serendipitous moments or Strategic Value-Added Marketing?” American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference, Washington D.C., June 27, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Moderator, “Collaborative Musings: Conversations on Culture, Access and Partnerships.” Co-organized with Marilyn Wilt and Connie Wu. Diversity Program. Rutgers University Libraries. April 21, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Co-organized and participated in Diversity Festival. “Eating the Potato: Culture, Communication and Camaraderie.” June 2009.
- Kuchi, Triveni. “Information Literacy: The Partnership of Sociology Faculty and Social Science Librarians.” With Patti Caravello, Edward L. Kain, Susan Macicak, Gregory L. Weiss. Teaching Sociology, v.36, January 2008. Pages 8-16.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Communicating Mission: An Analysis of Academic Library Web Sites.” Journal of Academic Librarianship, v.32, no.2, pages 148-154, 2006.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Constant Change And The Strategic Role Of Communication - A Selective Annotated Bibliography.” Library Management, v.27, no. 4/5, pages 218-235, 2006.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Librarians Without Borders: Reaching Out To Students At A Campus Center.” With Laura Bowering Mullen and Stephanie Tama-Bartels. Reference & User Services Quarterly. v. 43, no.4, pages 310-317, Summer 2004.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “One-Stop Search: Finding Full-Text Information For Social Science Journals.” Behavioral and Social Sciences Librarian, v.23, no.1, pages 81-96, 2004.