As the subject specialist and liaison librarian for sociology, criminal justice, South Asian studies, and Middle Eastern studies, I provide reference, individual research consultation, and teach library research classes for students, researchers, and faculty. I am also a selector for books, databases, and other materials for the library's collections in these subject areas. Please feel free to contact me to recommend resources, make requests for purchases, to setup a research consultation or a library research session for your class.
Selected Reports, Publications and Presentations
- Kuchi, Triveni. Building Relationships and Co-creating Value: The Catalyst Liaison Librarian. Invited presentation at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library, Mumbai, India. August 20, 2014.
- Kuchi, Triveni. The Engaged Librarian: Some Implications and Insights for Co-Creation of Value with Users. Invited presentation at SNDT Women's University, SHPT School of Library Science, Mumbai, India. August 22, 2014.
- Kuchi, Triveni. RU-India Collaborations: A Strategy Report. With co-chair Prof. Dipak Sarkar and members of the Ad Hoc Faculty Strategic Planning Committee for India, Rutgers University. March 2013.
- Kuchi, Triveni. IIE International Academic Partnership Program-2012 India Strategic Report. With Alison Price-Rom, Joanna Regulska, and David Finegold. June 2012. Sent to Institute for International Education as part of the IAPP strategic planning documentation and study tour participation.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Report of RU Delegation’s Study Tour of Educational Institutions in India Jan 22 – Feb 3, 2012. With David Finegold, Alison Price-Rom and Joanna Regulska. February 15, 2012. Presented at various meetings at Rutgers University.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Being Em<be>dded - Embedded Librarianship: Some Implications and Insights for Co-Creating Value. [Listed title: Embedded Librarianship New ways of building relationship with Faculty- http://lib.jnu.ac.in/embedded-librarianship-new-ways-building-relationship-faculty]. Invited Presentation at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Feb 3, 2012.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Wearing Two Hats: Librarians' Experiences Running Academic Programs at Rutgers. SAPAC Brown Bag presentation, Pane Room. With J. Niessen. December 10, 2011.
- Kuchi, Triveni. "Eating the Potato: Culture, Communication & Camaraderie - a Diversity Festival celebrated at Rutgers University Libraries." with Marilyn Wilt. Poster presentation at the National Diversity in Libraries Conference, July 16, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Invited Speaker. “Resourcefully vying for our user’s attention with library’s primary sources: Serendipitous moments or Strategic Value-Added Marketing?” American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference, Washington D.C., June 27, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Moderator, “Collaborative Musings: Conversations on Culture, Access and Partnerships.” Co-organized with Marilyn Wilt and Connie Wu. Diversity Program. Rutgers University Libraries. April 21, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Co-organized and participated in Diversity Festival. “Eating the Potato: Culture, Communication and Camaraderie.” June 2009.
- Kuchi, Triveni. “Information Literacy: The Partnership of Sociology Faculty and Social Science Librarians.” With Patti Caravello, Edward L. Kain, Susan Macicak, Gregory L. Weiss. Teaching Sociology, v.36, January 2008. Pages 8-16.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Communicating Mission: An Analysis of Academic Library Web Sites.” Journal of Academic Librarianship, v.32, no.2, pages 148-154, 2006.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Constant Change And The Strategic Role Of Communication - A Selective Annotated Bibliography.” Library Management, v.27, no. 4/5, pages 218-235, 2006.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Librarians Without Borders: Reaching Out To Students At A Campus Center.” With Laura Bowering Mullen and Stephanie Tama-Bartels. Reference & User Services Quarterly. v. 43, no.4, pages 310-317, Summer 2004.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “One-Stop Search: Finding Full-Text Information For Social Science Journals.” Behavioral and Social Sciences Librarian, v.23, no.1, pages 81-96, 2004.