As the subject specialist and liaison librarian for sociology, criminal justice, South Asian studies, and Middle Eastern studies, I provide reference, research consultation, and instruction in library research and resources for students, researchers, and faculty. I am also a liaison librarian and selector for books, databases, and other materials for the library's collections in these subject areas. You may contact me to recommend resources, make requests for purchases, setup a research consultation or a library research session for your class.
Selected Reports, Publications and Presentations
Kuchi, Triveni. (in press. 2018) Myanmar Librarians’ Research and Study Tour at the Rutgers University Libraries – A Report. In Luckert, Y. & Inge, L. (Eds.) The Globalized Library: American Academic Libraries and International Students, Collections and Practices. Chicago: ACRL Press.
Kuchi, Triveni. Re-presenting or Representing? Portrayals of Librarians on Academic Library Websites – A Framework. Research Forum, Asia, Africa and Middle East Section AAMES Interest Group, ACRL, ALA held at the Annual Conference of ALA, June 23, 2018, New Orleans, LA.
- Kuchi, Triveni. RU Citing? Solutions & Strategies for Avoiding Plagiarism, with Mary Elizabeth Boccolini. Carr Library Exhibit. An extension to this exhibit with a variety of resources online is available from https://libguides.rutgers.edu/plagiarism. 2018.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Glocal Niche: Creating Unique Media Collections in Collaboration - A South Asian Studies Report. Invited Presentation for Global Scholarly Communication: International Collaboration with Focus on Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Forum of Asia, Africa and Middle East Section AAMES, ACRL, ALA held at the Annual Conference of ALA, June 24, 2017, Chicago, IL.
- Kuchi, Triveni. The Elusiveness of Progress: Voting Rights in America, with Paul Kibala. Carr Library Exhibit. A curation of topics related to the exhibit is available from http://libguides.rutgers.edu/voting-rights. Spring 2016.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Invited Presentation on Middle Eastern Library Resources, First Year Interest Groups (FIGs), Rutgers University, October 15, 2015.
Kuchi, Triveni. Building Relationships and Co-creating Value: The Catalyst Liaison Librarian. Invited presentation at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library, Mumbai, India. August 20, 2014.
- Kuchi, Triveni. The Engaged Librarian: Some Implications and Insights for Co-Creation of Value with Users. Invited presentation at SNDT Women's University, SHPT School of Library Science, Mumbai, India. August 22, 2014.
- Kuchi, Triveni. RU-India Collaborations: A Strategy Report. With co-chair Prof. Dipak Sarkar and members of the Ad Hoc Faculty Strategic Planning Committee for India, Rutgers University. March 2013.
- Kuchi, Triveni. IIE International Academic Partnership Program-2012 India Strategic Report. With Alison Price-Rom, Joanna Regulska, and David Finegold. June 2012. Sent to Institute for International Education as part of the IAPP strategic planning documentation and study tour participation.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Report of RU Delegation’s Study Tour of Educational Institutions in India Jan 22 – Feb 3, 2012. With David Finegold, Alison Price-Rom and Joanna Regulska. February 15, 2012. Presented at various meetings at Rutgers University.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Being Em<be>dded - Embedded Librarianship: Some Implications and Insights for Co-Creating Value. [Listed title: Embedded Librarianship New ways of building relationship with Faculty- http://lib.jnu.ac.in/embedded-librarianship-new-ways-building-relationship-faculty]. Invited Presentation at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Feb 3, 2012.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Wearing Two Hats: Librarians' Experiences Running Academic Programs at Rutgers. SAPAC Brown Bag presentation, Pane Room. With J. Niessen. December 10, 2011.
- Kuchi, Triveni. "Eating the Potato: Culture, Communication & Camaraderie - a Diversity Festival celebrated at Rutgers University Libraries." with Marilyn Wilt. Poster presentation at the National Diversity in Libraries Conference, July 16, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Invited Speaker. “Resourcefully vying for our user’s attention with library’s primary sources: Serendipitous moments or Strategic Value-Added Marketing?” American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference, Washington D.C., June 27, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Moderator, “Collaborative Musings: Conversations on Culture, Access and Partnerships.” Co-organized with Marilyn Wilt and Connie Wu. Diversity Program. Rutgers University Libraries. April 21, 2010.
- Kuchi, Triveni. Co-organized and participated in Diversity Festival. “Eating the Potato: Culture, Communication and Camaraderie.” June 2009.
- Kuchi, Triveni. “Information Literacy: The Partnership of Sociology Faculty and Social Science Librarians.” With Patti Caravello, Edward L. Kain, Susan Macicak, Gregory L. Weiss. Teaching Sociology, v.36, January 2008. Pages 8-16.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Communicating Mission: An Analysis of Academic Library Web Sites.” Journal of Academic Librarianship, v.32, no.2, pages 148-154, 2006.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Constant Change And The Strategic Role Of Communication - A Selective Annotated Bibliography.” Library Management, v.27, no. 4/5, pages 218-235, 2006.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “Librarians Without Borders: Reaching Out To Students At A Campus Center.” With Laura Bowering Mullen and Stephanie Tama-Bartels. Reference & User Services Quarterly. v. 43, no.4, pages 310-317, Summer 2004.
- Kuchi, Triveni, “One-Stop Search: Finding Full-Text Information For Social Science Journals.” Behavioral and Social Sciences Librarian, v.23, no.1, pages 81-96, 2004.