AccessPharmacy is an online curricular resource designed to meet the changing demands of pharmacy education. It allows students to select a core curriculum topic, browse by organ system, and review textbooks. Integrated case studies, care plans, self-assessment tools, and NAPLEX review help students to develop and track key skills.
The database includes monthly updates by the editors of Pharmacotherapy and Goodman & Gilman's, bi-monthly Hot Topic responses to key articles, daily news from the Pharmacotherapy News Network, drug monographs, and the Herb and Supplement Database.
In order to access review questions (Q&A) or the Cases you need to be logged into your MyAccess personal account. You will then be able to access them under the Study Tools.
Please see this quick video tutorial on how to create a MyAccess account.
A "Help" icon appears on the top right side of the screen.
User tools and features
Over 150 drug-therapy cases with Q&A and care plans that students can complete and submit to faculty. A secure instructor's guide with answer key is available to course directors.
Over 20,000 pages of content.
Over 500 curricular topics from the core curriculum.
Over 6,000 questions mapped to the core curriculum
Full text coverage to the latest editions.
Most of the content is updated monthly. Monthly text updates from the editors of Pharmacotherapy and Goodman & Gilman's, bi-monthly Hot Topic responses to key articles and daily news from Pharmacotherapy News Network.
Pharmacy e-books, cases and care plans, laboratory tests and calculators, pharmacy news, NAPLEX reviews, drug monographs, Herb and Supplement Database.
Type of coverage
Full-text books, multimedia, illustrations, news, drug information, care plans and diagnostic tests.
Print counterpart or
A selected title list for AccessPharmacy includes:
- Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 7e
- Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach, 7e
- Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 12e
- Harrisons Principles' of Internal Medicine, 17e
- Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, 5e
- Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 11e
- Casarett & Doulls Essentials of Toxicology, 2e
- CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2009
- Drug Information: A Guide for Pharmacists, 3e
- Ganong's Review of Medical Physiology, 23e
- Pharmacy and Federal Drug Law Review
- Pharmacy Student Survival Guide, 2e
- Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach, 5e
In addition AccessPharmacy offers two custom guides to the extensive resources on the site - Curricular Topics and Organ Systems. The topics represent the fundamental scientific and clinical areas addressed in contemporary pharmacy education. Content includes the following: Drug interaction animations, interactive guides, drug monographs, patient handouts, instructional videos, care plans, diagnostic tests, self assessment, dedicated NAPLEX review from Quick Review Pharmacy and Pharmacy and Federal Drug Law Review, pharmacotherapy news, drug monographs, Herb and Supplement Database.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider