Rutgers Restricted Access
CAB Abstracts, a subset of CAB Direct, is a comprehensive database in the applied life sciences, covering the significant research and development literature in:
- Agriculture, including animal production and welfare, horticulture, crop science and protection, applied economics and rural studies
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences, including animal nutrition, entomology, aquaculture and equine science
- Environmental Sciences, including, ecology and climate change, forestry, soil science, and hydrology
- Human Health, Food and Nutrition, including food science and communicable diseases
- Leisure and Tourism
- Microbiology and parasitology, including mycology, bacteriology and virology
- Plant Sciences, including biotechnology, plant protection, and crop science
Please do not use the "Link to Full Text" button. Instead, use the "SEARCH FOR ARTICLE" button to determine whether or not Rutgers has the article or owns the journal you need online or in print.
Detailed search help is available from the vendor. From the top right of the CAB search screen, click on the "Help" icon. Instructions are provided on Basic and Advanced searching techniques. Also available is help on date limits, use of the thesaurus and printing, email, and saving results.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
1973 - present.
Indexes more than 9,000 sources including international peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings, academic books, and technical reports.
Type of coverage
Indexing with citations, abstracts and some linked full text.
Print counterpart or
There is no print counterpart.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider