Rutgers Restricted Access
Humanities Index Retrospective provides citations to articles covering a wide-range of humanities and interdisciplinary fields. The sources include core, scholarly English-language periodicals as well as a number of lesser-known but important specialized magazines published between 1907 and 1984. Among the subjects covered are: Archaeology, Area Studies, Art, Classical Studies, Dance, Film, Folklore, Gender Studies, History, Journalism, Linguistics, Literary and Social Criticism, Literature, Music, Performing Arts, Philosophy, Religion and Theology.
Help is available via a link in the upper right corner of every screen.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
Coverage is complete.
Type of coverage
Indexing with citations.
Print counterpart or
Corresponds to the following print counterparts available in Annex, Camden, and Dana:
- International Index: 18 volumes, 1907 - March 1965
- Social Sciences & Humanities Index: 9 volumes April 1965 - March 1974
- Humanities Index: 10 volumes: April 1974 - March 1984
H. W. Wilson Company
Vendor/electronic presentation provider