Rutgers Restricted Access
Natural Science Collection
In general, ProQuest supports the current and prior major releases of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari on a rolling basis.
The Natural Science Collection provides access to nine databases covering scholarly and technical literature in the subject areas of agriculture, aquatic science, biology, conservation, earth & environmental sciences, education, food science, forestry, geography, medical sciences, meteorology, pharmacology, public health and safety, veterinary science, and water resources. Users can choose to search at the title, sub-collection, or full collection level. The "deep indexing" of tables and figures allows for searching by caption, subject heading, and/or figure type. The ProQuest Natural Science Collection offers over 21 million abstract and index records, 8 million indexed tables and figures, and 1,600 full text journals.
Click on the "Help" link in the upper right corner of any screen.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
RSS feeds and alerts; RefWorks citation tool; ProQuest My Research account to save, tag, organize and share research.
Varies by database.
Journal articles, series, monographs, dissertations, bibliographies, proceedings, reports, web sites, and other materials.
- Algology, Mycology, and Protozoology Abstracts
- Animal Behavior Abstracts
- Aquaculture Abstracts (ASFA)
- Aquatic Pollution and Environmental Quality (ASFA 3)
- Bacteriology Abstracts (Microbiology B)
- Biological Sciences and Living Resources (ASFA 1)
- Biotechnology Research Abstracts
- Calcium & Calcified Tissue Abstracts
- Chemoreception Abstracts
- Conference Papers Index
- Ecology Abstracts
- Entomology Abstracts
- Environmental Engineering Abstracts
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Environmental Impact Statements: Digests
- Environmental Impact Statements: Full Text
- Genetics Abstracts
- GeoRef In Process
- Health and Safety Science Abstracts
- Human Genome Abstracts
- Immunology Abstracts
- Industrial and Applied Microbiology (Microbiology A)
- Meteorological and Geoastrophysical Abstracts
- Neurosciences Abstracts
- Nucleic Acids Abstracts
- Ocean Technology, Policy and Non-Living Resources (ASFA 2)
- Oceanic Abstracts
- Oncogenes and Growth Factors Abstracts
- Plant Science
- Pollution Abstracts
- ProQuest Agriculture Journals
- ProQuest Aquatic Science Collection
- ProQuest Aquatic Science Journals
- ProQuest Atmospheric Science Journals
- ProQuest Biological Science Collection
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Agricultural Science
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Aquatic Sciences
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Atmospheric Sciences
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Biological Sciences
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Earth Sciences
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Environmental Sciences
- ProQuest Earth Science Collection
- ProQuest Earth Science Journals
- ProQuest Environmental Science Collection
- ProQuest Environmental Science Journals
- Risk Abstracts
- Sustainability Science Abstracts
- Toxicology Abstracts
- Virology and AIDS Abstracts
- Water Resources Abstracts
Type of coverage
Indexing with abstracts and some full text.
Print counterpart or
Individual titles indexed are also published in paper format, and the lists those that are available at Rutgers.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider