Rutgers Restricted Access
PharmacyLibrary features content from a selection of APhA's authoritative textbooks, an interactive NAPLEX review, case studies, article abstracts from the Journal of the American Pharmacists Association and a variety of news sources.
User tools and features
At the end of each textbook chapter, the user can find links to the references.
Textbooks, case studies, NAPLEX exam study materials, and a limited number of journals.
Type of coverage
Pharmacy books, case studies, journal and news, NAPLEX review.
Print counterpart or
APhA's textbooks and review resources span the pharmacy curriculum.
- Berardi et al: Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs, 16th Edition includes web links and PowerPoint slide templates for each chapter and image downloads
- Cohen: Medication Errors, 2nd Edition-includes PowerPoint sets for instructors
- Ritschel & Kearns: Handbook of Basic Pharmacokinetics, 7th Edition
- Berger: Communication Skills for Pharmacists, 3rd Edition
- Sias et al: Spanish for the Pharmacy Professional-includes MP3 audio files of textbook lessons and an instructor guide
- Hopkins: Complete Math Review for Pharmacy, 3rd Edition
- Posey: Pharmacy: An Introduction to the Profession, 2nd Edition-includes selected readings from contemporary literature
- APhA: Peripheral Brain for the Pharmacist-includes a free iPhone app
- Gourley & Eoff: The APhA Complete Review for Pharmacy (NAPLEX® Review), 7th Edition
- Reinders: The Pharmacy Professional's Guide to Résumés, CVs, & Interviewing, 2nd Edition
Realistic case studies help students prepare for entry into the pharmacy field.
- Berardi et al: Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs, 16th Edition provides case studies throughout this primary text for self-care.
- McCorry: Physiology Case Studies in Pharmacy provides more than 80 brief, straightforward case studies that represent key body systems. Includes answer key for instructors.
- Goode, et al: Community Pharmacy Practice Case Studies provides 82 case studies focused on community practice. Includes answer key for instructors.
An interactive exam center makes preparing for the NAPLEX® exam easy. Based upon the 7th edition of The APhA Complete Review for Pharmacy, more than 900 questions along with powerful customization features allow users to focus on the topics they need to master and bypass what they already know. Targeted study aids point users to textbook material to help them do better on their weaker subjects. Users can customize their exams and have access to detailed performance reporting.
Journal and News
- Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, the official peer-reviewed journal of APhA, provides information on pharmaceutical care, drug therapy, diseases and other health issues, trends in pharmacy practice and therapeutics, informed opinion, and original research. Abstracts of journal articles are fully searchable
- APhA DrugInfoLine is a monthly newsletter of interpreted drug and pharmacotherapeutic information designed to keep frontline pharmacists up-to-date on the latest trends in the biomedical literature.
- Pharmacy Today is a monthly medication therapy management (MTM) publication providing practical information for pharmacists.
Additional Instructor Resources
Instructors have access to material that supplements the textbooks as follows
- Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs, 16th Edition-includes web links and PowerPoint slide templates for each chapter and image downloads
- Medication Errors, 2nd Edition-includes PowerPoint slides
- Pharmacy: An Introduction to the Profession, 2nd Edition-includes selected readings from contemporary literature
- Community Pharmacy Practice Case Studies-includes an answer key for instructors
- Physiology Case Studies in Pharmacy-includes an answer key for instructors
- Spanish for the Pharmacy Professional-includes MP3 audio files of textbook lessons and an instructor guide
American Pharmacists Association
Vendor/electronic presentation provider
American Pharmacists Association