PharmGKB accounts are required for both viewing data associated with individual identifiers (in order to protect the confidentiality of subjects) and submitting data. Pooled and summary data can be viewed without a PharmGKB account.
The PharmGKB is a pharmacogenomics knowledge resource that encompasses clinical information including dosing guidelines and drug labels, potentially clinically actionable gene-drug associations and genotype-phenotype relationships.
The PharmGKB is a pharmacogenomics knowledge resource that encompasses clinical information including dosing guidelines and drug labels, potentially clinically actionable gene-drug associations and genotype-phenotype relationships. PharmGKB collects, curates and disseminates knowledge about the impact of human genetic variation on drug responses through the following activities:
- Annotate genetic variants and gene-drug-disease relationships via literature reviews
- Summarize important pharmacogenomic genes, associations between genetic variants and drugs, and drug pathways
- Curate FDA drug labels containing pharmacogenomic information
- Enable consortia examining important questions in pharmacogenomics
- Curate and participate in writing pharmacogenomic-based drug dosing guidelines
- Contribute to clinical implementation projects for pharmacogenomics through collaborations
- Publish pharmacogenomic-based drug dosing guidelines, very important pharmacogene summaries and drug-centered pathways
- Display all information on the website and provide comprehensive downloads
PharmGKB offers information as:
VA Variant Annotations (Research-level annotations of individual publications describing the relationship between genetic variants and drugs; these are created on a paper-by-paper basis)
PW Drug-Centered Pathway
VIP Very Important Pharmacogene Summaries
CA Clinical Annotations (Genotype-based pharmacogenomic relationships summarizing all variant annotations regarding the same genetic variant-drug association)
DG Pharmacogenomics-Based Drug-Dosing Guidelines
DL Drug Labels with Pharmacogenomic Information
Help is found on the far right of the top nav bar or at http://www.pharmgkb.org/page/faqs . It is an FAQ about the resource.
User tools and features
There are five different search/browse modes. The first is a general search mode which presents the user with a textbox, allowing them to key in terminology which will be searched against the database. Likewise, a browseable index is available for searching. The database is also subdivided into four more specific categories to be searched: Genes, Drugs, Diseases, and Pathways. The first three categories may be searched via browseable alphabetic index. The latter, Pathways, may be searched by selecting a therapeutic category to browse. Additionally, there is a download section available to users which is linked from the navigation bar at the top of the page.
Type of coverage
Information from published journal literature, drug information monographs, and published reports.
Print counterpart or
Vendor/electronic presentation provider