Rutgers Restricted Access
The Wilson Play Index is an online version of the print Play Index. It covers over 30,000 plays written in or translated into English from Antiquity to present that have been published individually and in anthologies from 1949-present. In addition to standard searching capability, users can search by cast gender and number or by the age group for which it was written. Records include requirements for scenery, cast, and music, as well as an abstract and subject descriptions in addition to links to additional online information. Links to full-text plays accessible online.
Help is available via a link in the upper right corner of every screen.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Journal alerts and Search history alerts.
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
Plays written from Antiquity to present day and published from 1949-present.
Plays published individually or collectively from 1949-present
Type of coverage
Indexing with citations.
Print counterpart or
Play Index (for holdings see the .)
H.W. Wilson Company
Vendor/electronic presentation provider