Rutgers Restricted Access
Users must register to access this resource. You may register with any email address as long as you do so initially while you are using a computer on the Rutgers network/IP range.
BoardVitals Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Board Review
The AANC offers a Psychiatric–Mental Health Practitioner board certification exam that provides an assessment of the entry-level clinical knowledge and skills of nurse practitioners. Candidates who complete the eligibility requirements to take the exam and successfully pass the exam are awarded the credential of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (PMHNP-BC).
User tools and features
I. Foundations for Advanced Practice Nursing 29%
- Advanced Pathophysiology, Neurobiology, and Neuroanatomy Knowledge
- Advanced Pharmacology and Psychopharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Epidemiology/Risk Analysis
- Patient-Centered Care
II. Professional Role and Policy 40%
- Quality Improvement and Safety
- Practice Inquiry
- Health Policy and Advocacy
- Technology and Information Literacy
- Health Delivery System
- Ethics, Legalities, and Scope and Standards
III. Independent Practice Competencies 31%
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Advanced Psychiatric and Mental Health Assessment
- Disorder and Symptom Treatment/Management
Annual, or as the exams are changed.
Type of coverage
Question bank, reflecting sample types of questions found in current board examination tests.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider