For updates and more information, please subscribe to the OAT mailing list.
9/4/18 - Applications open
11/2/18 - Applications close
11/27/18 - Notifications will be emailed to recipients
12/7/18 - Recipient response requested
Applications will be judged by a committee including OAT team members, students, and teaching faculty using the following criteria:
- Potential total dollars saved by students in the course (compared to the same course that uses traditional textbooks*)
- Potential total number of students impacted
- Articulated plan to assess impact and quality of student learning
- Feasibility that others at Rutgers might adopt the same free, open, and/or low-cost textbook alternatives for their sections
- Sustainability (the possibility of continuing to use the new material(s) over a sustained period of time)
- Departmental support, such as a letter of support from the department chair
- Broad representation across disciplines and departments at Rutgers University–Camden, Rutgers University–New Brunswick, Rutgers University–Newark, and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
*This does not preclude new courses from being eligible for an award.