Information for OAT Award Recipients
Congratulations! We look forward to working with you to introduce low or no-cost materials to your students, and encourage you to start a conversation with your local OAT contact and/or your subject area library liaison to identify appropriate materials or to discuss how we can support you during your course's transition.
Before we get started, please review this information and let us know if you have any questions:
- Written or email acceptance of your OAT award is due by 11:59 pm on May 27, 2022. The funds will be transferred to your department after we receive your acceptance, the name/email of your administrative contact, and the account number into which to transfer the funds.
- You will receive an email from a member of the OAT team in order to arrange an introductory meeting about your project. This meeting will help us figure out how we can assist you, as needed, in completing the project.
- You will also receive an official award letter from Rutgers University Libraries.
- At the end of each semester in which you teach your OAT class, you will be required to administer a student survey to all students in your course.
- You may be asked to participate in a survey of OAT recipients to assess the faculty and instructor experience.
- At the completion of the OAT cycle, we will request feedback on your experiences using open educational resources in your course, and on the OAT Program generally. This will be done via a brief online survey form that will be sent to you.
- Please make sure to add the OAT logo to your syllabus and the following statement: "This course has received an 'Open and Affordable Textbooks' award from Rutgers University Libraries. The OAT Program supports textbook affordability at Rutgers by encouraging courses to adopt educational materials that are freely available, available at a low cost (compared to similar courses), or part of Rutgers University Libraries' electronic collections, and thereby free of charge to Rutgers University students. As a student in this course, you will be asked to provide feedback on this initiative at the end of the semester."
- Please work with the registrar to include a note about the OAT Program in your course listing.
- If you have not yet selected new course materials, please take a look at the open educational resources guide or reach out to an OAT team member for assistance. Please also consult the FAQ regarding award funds transfers and other inquiries.