Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Rutgers University Libraries, we understand Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) as respecting and fostering perspectives that reflect varying backgrounds, identities, and their intersections. We seek to create and support structures and behaviors that promote equality, fairness, and justice, and to promote an environment of belonging, respect, opportunity, and empowerment.
- We promote diversity of personnel, resources, programming, and services to strengthen the university, deepen inquiry, and better serve our communities.
- We foster an inclusive environment, both internally and externally, that respects, appreciates, and embraces differences in ideas, perspectives, backgrounds, roles, identities --any of the myriad qualities that reflect the diversity of the human experience.
- We strive to offer equitable access to resources and facilities to give agency and power to our diverse communities of users.
To learn more about how the University supports diversity, please visit these websites:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Rutgers
DEI in Camden
DEI at Health Sciences
- The Center for Healthy Families and Cultural Diversity (CHFCD) in the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- The Office for Diversity and Community Engagement Opportunities, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School