China: Trade, Politics & Culture
China: Trade, Politics & Culture is a collection of digitized primary sources depicting, from a primarily Western perspective, trade and cultural exchange with China from the 18th through the 20th centuries. Highlights include:
- Chinese Maritime Customs service papers
- Records of major diplomatic envoys to China
- Papers of missionaries active in all regions of China
- The Chinese Recorder, 1867-1941
- Maps, color paintings, photographs and drawings
Material types include correspondence, illustrations, maps, official papers, periodicals, personal accounts, manuscripts, photographs, and printed books. Original materials are from libraries and archives from around the world, including the School of Oriental and African Studies in London and the British Library.