Mergent Online is a database of corporate information on over 25,000 U.S. public companies, over 35,000 foreign public companies, and over 34,000 private companies. Information available for each public company includes:
- A complete corporate history;
- Lists of subsidiaries, property holdings, and key personnel;
- Up to 25 years of annual and quarterly financial data;
- Up to 10 years of scanned, full-image annual reports, including SEC filings;
- Extensive information about the corporation's current long term debt;
- Links to recent news reports;
- Reports on insider and institutional owners.
A variety of search options are available, including company name, ticker symbol, executive's name, auditor, country code, NAICS or SIC industry code, and selected financial characteristics and ratios. Mergent Online is the electronic counterpart and continuation of the print Mergent (formerly Moody's) Manual series. See Mergent Archives for the electronic archive of the corporate and municipal manuals.
In addition to the main Mergent Online database, Rutgers has access to two additional resources available as tabs on the Mergent Online platform: Supply Chain and Investext.
- Supply Chain (formerly known as Mergent Horizon) provides profiles of over 6,000 actively traded public companies in the United States, including each company's competitors, suppliers, partners, and corporate customers. Rutgers does not have access to supply chain data for companies outside the United States.
- Investext contains over 18 million current and historical broker research reports on companies, products, markets, and over 125 industries. These reports have been sources from more than 1700 brokerages, including Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan, and UBS.
Late 20th century - present.