Research Tools and Services
Get help now
With RefWorks you can:
- Save references and full text documents from major online databases and websites
- Access your references and documents from any computer or mobile device
- Organize, highlight, and annotate your documents
- Collaborate and share document collections with other RefWorks users
- Add citations and footnotes to your research paper from references in your RefWorks library
- Automatically create a bibliography or works cited in any citation style
Access RefWorks (NetID login required)
Creating an account
- Go to https://refworks.proquest.com/signup/
- Enter your Rutgers email address and create a password
- Click the activation link in the confirmation email to complete your account setup
Saving references from QuickSearch to RefWorks
- Select one or more references from your search results and add them to your favorites
- Click My Favorites to view your selected items
- Select the items you wish to export and click the ellipses "..."
- Choose the RefWorks export option
- Login to your RefWorks account to complete the export
Get more help using RefWorks
Visit the RefWorks User Guide for extensive documentation on using RefWorks.
Using RefWorks after leaving Rutgers
All faculty and student alumni may continue to have access to their RefWorks accounts as long as Rutgers continues to subscribe. To preserve your account, prior to graduation, please:
- Log into your RefWorks account
- On the Settings page, change your Role to Alumni
- Update your email address to one you will be able to access after graduation.
For more information, please see Will alumni be able to access Refworks after graduation?