Rutgers Restricted Access
Internet Explorer 9 or higher, or the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. Cookies must be enabled to use CQ Press sites.
CQ Almanac provides authoritative reporting on the people, elections, legislation, and controversies in the U.S. Congress with original narrative accounts of every major piece of legislation that lawmakers considered during a congressional session. Comprehensive roll call votes for all major legislation are included. Content can be searched or browsed by broad topic, decade, or table of contents.
The Policy Tracker feature makes it possible to explore a specific policy to see how it's changed over the years. Policies are arranged by topics ranging from Abortion and Family Planning to World Bank (WB), International Monetary Fund (IMF) and International Finance and Development.
The Series Appendix provides access to:
- Conservative Coalition Tables
- CQ Key Votes Tables
- Floor Votes Tables
- Interest Group Ratings
- Party Unity Tables
- Presidential Messages
- Presidential Support Tables
- Public Laws
- Voting Participation Tables
- Additional Material, Selected Volumes
Help is accessible from the menu bar at the top of every screen.
User tools and features
- Users can create personal profiles to save searches and documents.
- The CiteNow! feature generates citations in APA, MLA, Chicago, and Blue Book styles.
- Selecting the CQ Press Library link in the menu bar allows for cross-searching of CQ Almanac, CQ Researcher, and CQ Weekly.
1945 - ongoing
Reports compiled by Congressional Quarterly.
Type of coverage
Print counterpart or
Vendor/electronic presentation provider
Congressional Quarterly, Inc.