Rutgers Restricted Access
HeinOnline is a legal research collection that features full-text searching of laws and regulations, case law, treaties and agreements, scholarly legal and criminal justice periodicals, and related materials. Coverage includes the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, as well as a selection of other foreign and international law resources. Pages are reproduced exactly as they appear in their print counterpart, including all graphics, footnotes and page numbers.
A full listing of the collections available within HeinOnline is available on the site. Among them are:
- Law Journal Library
- Bar Journals
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Early American Case Law
- English Reports, Full Reprint (1220-1867)
- European Center for Minority Issues
- Federal Register Library
- Foreign Relations of the United States
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals
- Intellectual Property Law Collection
- Legal Classics
- Manual of Patent Examining Procedure
- National Survey of State Laws
- Pentagon Papers
- State Reports: A Historical Archive
- State Statutes: a Historical Archive
- Statutes of the Realm
- U.S. Attorney General & Department of Justice Collection
- U.S. Code
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library
- U.S. Presidential Library
- U.S. Statutes at Large
- U.S. Supreme Court Library
- U.S. Treaties and Agreements Library
A Help link is included in the menu bar at the top of every screen.
User tools and features
- Registering for a free MyHein account allows a user to create and access bookmarks, save and reuse search queries, and set up alerts.
- Citation suggestions are provided in APA, MLA, Chicago, and Bluebook format for each document.
Varies according to publication, but most journals date back to their first volume. Other materials include historical content from the 18th century forward, with English Reports, Full Reprint providing access to material as far back as 1220.
Monthly. The What’s New link in the menu bar at the top of every screen includes information on new features and new content.
Scholarly legal journals, government publications, classic legal volumes, and related materials.
Type of coverage
Full text in PDF or text format.
Print counterpart or
Includes publications that are also issued in print. See the or ask at reference for library holdings of specific titles.
William S. Hein & Co., Inc.