The Open Knowledge Repository (OKR) is the official open access repository for research outputs and knowledge products from the World Bank. It includes:
- World Bank Group Annual Reports and Independent Evaluation Studies
- Books published by the World Bank Group including flagship publications, academic books and practitioner volumes;
- All World Development Reports (WDRs) plus recent WDR background papers;
- Journal articles published in World Bank Economic Review (WBER) and World Bank Research Observer (WBRO);
- Accepted manuscripts of Bank-authored journal articles from selected external publishers (after an embargo period if applicable);
- Metadata and links to Bank-authored external journal articles;
- Serial publications (typically data-intensive outlook reports);
- Policy Research Working Papers (PRWP)—a series of papers that disseminate findings of work in progress in order to encourage the exchange of ideas about development issues;
- Selected other papers of high research quality;
- Economic and Sector Work (ESW) studies—a series of analytical reports prepared by Bank staff. ESWs gather and evaluate information about a country’s economy and/or a specific sector;
- Knowledge Notes, providing short briefs that capture lessons of experience from Bank operations and research;
- The latest Country Opinion Surveys done in client countries for feedback on World Bank Group activities.
- Selected translated titles.
Basic FAQs are provided.
User tools and features
- Publications that have undergone Academic Peer Review are identified by an icon at the top of the record.
- Optimized for mobile access.
2000 to the present for most categories of content.
Updated on a regular basis as new research outputs and knowledge products are published and released for publication.
Books, reports, working papers, technical papers, serials, and other research output.
Type of coverage
Indexing with abstracts and full-text in PDF format.
Print counterpart or
Print versions of some publications included in the Open Knowledge Repository may be found by searching the .
Vendor/electronic presentation provider