Rutgers Restricted Access
Sports Business Research Network
SBRnet features market research and industry news in the area of sports business. It includes industry-developed market research, government statistics, facility reports and news, international market publications, customized research, and directories for governing bodies, college athletic, employment agencies, and marketing agencies etc.
Coverage includes sporting goods, sports e-commerce, sport marketing, sport sponsorship, sport facilities, sport broadcasting and new media, fantasy sports, eSports, consumer product brand share, demographics, mobile device usage patterns.
Examples of questions that can be answered by SBRnet:
- How much revenue do colleges earn from athletics?
- How many consumers use online devices to purchase sports logo apparel? What percentage of the market purchases sports logo apparel?
- How large is the fan base of major sports leagues? What are their demographics?
- How large is the golf fan market? Tennis? Running? NASCAR? IndyCar? Mixed Martial Arts?
- How many fans actually attend games? How many fans view games on TV or online?
- How much do the fans spend? What are their demographics?
Currently not available via SBRnet. Contact a librarian for assistance.
Sports Participation and Sporting Goods Product Information: 2000-present; Sports Fan Markets: 2011-present
Participation and Sporting Goods - NSGA (National Sporting Goods Association); Sports Fan Market - Irwin Broh Research/SBRnet; College/High School Statistics - NCAA, NFSF; Sports Venues: MediaVentures (Nashville, TN)
Type of coverage
News articles, statistics, directories.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider