Rutgers Restricted Access
Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index, Science Citation Index
Web of Science indexes leading scholarly journals, books, proceedings, and other formats. Its major subject areas include sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities. The heart of the platform is the Web of Science Core Collection, which indexes over 20,000 scholarly journals. Indexing for each work in the Core Collection includes its authors, author affiliations, and cited references; in total, the Core Collection includes over 1 billion cited references. In addition to the Core Collection, Web of Science provides access to several regional, subject, and format-specific databases. Within the Web of Science platform, databases can be searched together or individually, and they are organized thus:
- Web of Science Core Collection:
- Science Citation Index Expanded: 1900-present
- Social Sciences Citation Index: 1900-present
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index: 1975-present
- Book Citation Index--Science: 2005-present
- Book Citation Index--Social Science & Humanities: 2005-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index--Science: 1990-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index--Social Science & Humanities: 1990-present
- Current Chemical Reactions (CCR): 1985-present
- Index Chemicus (IC): 1993-present
- BIOSIS Citation Index: 1926-present
- BIOSIS Previews: 1990-present
- Current Contents Connect: 1998-present
- Data Citation Index: 1900-present
- Derwent Innovations Index: 1963-present
- KCI-Korean Journal Database: 1980-present
- MEDLINE: 1950-present
- Russian Science Citation Index: 2005-present
- SciELO Citation Index: 2002-present
- Zoological Record® 1864-present
User tools and features
Weekly for all but Current Contents Direct, which is updated daily.
Journal articles, including full papers, editorials, commentaries, reviews, letters, meeting abstracts, clinical reports, and more.
Type of coverage
Indexing with citations, with linking to full-text of articles if they are subscribed to by the Libraries.
Print counterpart or
Science Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index. See QuickSearch for holdings of these titles.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider