Rutgers Restricted Access
Women's Studies International covers the core disciplines in Women's Studies to the latest scholarship in feminist research supporting the curriculum development in the areas of sociology, history, political science and economy, public policy, international relations, arts and humanities, business and education. Nearly 800 essential sources include: journals, newspapers, newsletters, bulletins, books, book chapters, proceedings, reports, theses, dissertations, NGO studies, important websites and web documents, and grey literature. Over 2,000 periodical sources are represented and include ISSNs. The database contents includes:
- Women Studies Abstracts,
- Women's Studies Bibliography Database,
- Women's Studies Database,
- Four files from the University of Wisconsin Women Studies Librarian (New Books on Women and Feminism; WAVE: Women's Audiovisuals in English; Women, Race and Ethnicity: a Bibliography; The History of Women and Science, Health, and Technology),
- MEDLINE Subset on Women,
- Women of Color and Southern Women: A Bibliography of Social Science Research, and
- Women's Health and Development: An Annotated Bibliography
Help is available via a link in the upper right corner of every screen.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
1972 & earlier - present.
Related websites, internet documents, professional journals, conference papers, books, book chapters, selected popular literature, government reports, discussions, and working papers.
Type of coverage
Selective indexing and abstracting of material on women's issues.
Print counterpart or
National Information Services Corporation
Vendor/electronic presentation provider