A number of our subscription resources have associated mobile apps. Some have specific instructions in order to associate your account with access through the libraries.
The AccessMedicine app provides clinical information through these mobile features:
- Quick Medical Dx & Rx is a collection of evidence-based outlines of conditions and disorders most often encountered in medical practice.
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology facilitates dermatologic diagnosis by providing color images of skin conditions.
- Differential Diagnosis Tool provides more than 1,000 diagnoses by symptom, disease, or organ system at the point of care.
- Diagnostic Tests, from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, is a quick reference guide to the selection and interpretation of commonly used diagnostic tests, including laboratory procedures in the clinical setting.
The AccessMedicine app is available to Rutgers users via a site license. To activate and for continued access to the app, you must have an active My Access account and sign in every 90 days through Rutgers, either on-site or through a VPN.
Follow the steps below to sign up for a free My Access account:
- Go to AccessMedicine website from RWJ Library Resources quick links or Rutgers University Libraries' A-Z databases list and then click Connect.
- Click on Rutgers University in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on Sign in or Create a Free MyAccess Profile.
To use the ClinicalKey mobile app, you should first register for a user account. Go to http://www.clinicalkey.com and click on Register at the upper right corner and fill out the form on the registration page using your Rutgers email address. Click Register when finished.
To install and use the app to your mobile device:
- Open the App Store on your mobile device
- Search for “ClinicalKey”
- Install it on your mobile device at no charge
- Once in the app, two options will appear – Click on ClinicalKey.
- Enter your ClinicalKey username and password
Start to use the ClinicalKey App.
The DynaMed app is free with every subscription and is compatible with iOS and Android devices. Current Versions: DynaMed for iOS: 3.0.3, DynaMed for Android: 3.0.2.
Instructions to download and use the DynaMed app in your mobile device:
- To create a Personal Account in DynaMed from the desktop version. Your Personal Account allows you to use all of DynaMed's personalized features, including CME. With a Personal Account, you can sign in to DynaMed from anywhere, including the browser on your mobile device and the DynaMed mobile app for Apple and Android devices.
- Click on the person icon on the upper right corner of the DynaMed website.
- Sign up for a personal account by filling out all the blanks. Make sure you choose a password in accordance with the requirements. Once accepted, you will be prompted to sign in your Personal Account using the login information you just created. Next, click Yes to give your consent for the personal data retention and usage.
- Download the free DynaMed App from the App store or Google Play (depending on what type of mobile device you use) to your mobile device.
- Open the app and log into your account. You should be able to access DynaMed on your mobile device.
Click here to find more information on DynaMed App.
Essential Evidence Plus
Essential Evidence Plus (EE+) website is optimized for your iPhoneTM, iPod Touch, AndroidTM, Blackberry, and other Smartphones. When you visit www.essentialevidenceplus.com on your mobile device, you will automatically be redirected to the mobile version of the EE+ website. However, in order to access the content that Rutgers university libraries subscribe to, you need to create an account first on your desktop by going to https://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/databases/eep and then connect to EE+. Follow the steps below to complete the registration and mobile access process:
- Click on "My Account" at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click "Register" in the box on the right and complete the registration form.
- To access the mobile version of EE+, simply launch a browser and go to: www.essentialevidenceplus.com in your mobile device. You will be prompted to enter your EE+ personal account that was created previously.
- Add the screen to your home screen for easy access at a later time.
Lexicomp mobile apps are not included in the Rutgers University Libraries subscription to Lexicomp Online. However, discounted academic pricing on handheld products is available to academic healthcare professionals and students. More information on the discounted academic pricing can be found here. The academic discount applies to Lexi-COMPLETE, Lexi-CLINICAL SUITE, Lexi-Drugs & Lexi-Interact and Pediatric & Neonatal Lexi-Drugs and Lexi-Interact. If you have any question, please contact your librarians for help.
IBM mobileMicromedex apps are available free to Rutgers users. Please go to IBM Mircromedex and then click Mobile Application Access on the upper right corner to download the apps.
Prescribers' Digital Reference
This is the official drug information app from PDR, allowing healthcare professionals free access to the current drug prescribing information available. It searches drug summaries updated by PDR within a week of manufacturers' updates. You may download the mobilePDR app from either App Store or Google Play depending on the type of your mobile device.
Authorized Rutgers University users may register for mobile access to UpToDate. To register, please access UpToDate through the Rutgers University Libraries UpToDate page and register for a personal account. Then download the mobile app and log in with your personal account. You may install the app on up to two devices. You will need to access UpToDate through the RUL page and log in with your personal account every 180 days to maintain access to the app. Registration is also required in order to earn CME/CE/CPD credits via UpToDate.
For VisualDX Mobile (for iPad/iPhone/Android), users should:
- Launch VisualDX by connecting from the RU Libraries web site and clicking on “Get the Mobile App" located in the lower center of the VisualDX home page
- Create a personal account
- Download the Mobile app from the iTunes Store or Google Play
- Launch the app from your device and sign in, using your username/password.