Rutgers Restricted Access
Asia-Studies Full-Text Online is a portal that provides access to reports, working paper series, and journals from Asia's most prestigious research institutions, covering business, economic, government, political, and social issues related to the nations of Asia-Pacific. Examples of specific subject coverage include finance, trade, environment, human resources development, best practices in government, fisheries, tourism, education and women's studies to name a few. Statistical reports on Asian countries are also available.
The 53 countries covered by the database include all of Asia from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Central Asian republics and on east through Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific islands. Russia and Azerbaijan are also included, while the countries of the Middle East and the Arabian peninsula are not.
Search help is available through a link on the Search page.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
Dates of coverage vary according to the journal, or report series. The earliest material dates from 1979. Most of the reports begin in the mid-1990s, with more complete coverage after 2000. Statistical reports are available from 1999 to the present.
Additions to the database are made monthly.
The following research organizations provide the reports and publications in the database:
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Secretariat (APEC), Singapore
- Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila
- Australia South Asia Research Centre
- Australian APEC Study Centre, Melbourne
- Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Jakarta
- East-West Center, Honolulu
- Institute of Developing Economies - Japan External Trade Organization, Tokyo
- Institute of Policy Studies, Singapore
- Institute of S.E. Asian Studies, Singapore
- Japan Focus, Ithaca
- Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- Lowy Institute for International Policy, Sydney
- Mongolian-German Technical Cooperation (MIT-GTZ), Mongolia
- Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS), Manila
- Southeast Asia Research Centre
- University of Hong Kong APEC Study Center and Hong Kong Institute of Economics and Business Strategy (HIEBS), Hong Kong PEC
Type of coverage
Reports, papers, and individual journals and newsletters are provided as full text in PDF format.
Print counterpart or
The database contains several major publications that are also issued in print, such as the Asian Development Outlook, Asian Development Review, and the Asia Economic Monitor.
Various. See sources above.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider
International Information Services