Rutgers Restricted Access
Congressional Publications (ProQuest), US Congressional Publications
ProQuest Congressional Publications provides access to historical and current Congressional information and publications on all aspects of legislation dealing with life and public policy. Topics include scientific undertakings, historical events, social welfare, economic conditions, communication policies, and an endless array of other subjects.
The database indexes and provides selected full-text for Congressional Committee Prints, House and Senate Documents and Reports (Congressional Serial Set), Hearings, and Legislative Histories. It also provides member and committee information and political news, as well as access to the Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Register, and the Congressional Record (1985-present).
ProQuest Congressional Publications complements the House and Senate Reports and Documents that are available in the U.S. Congressional Serial Set digital collection.
A Help link is available in the upper right corner of every screen.
Varies by publication with dates ranging from 1824 to the present.
Update schedules vary by material/publication.
Committee Prints, House & Senate Reports, House & Senate Documents, Congressional hearings, legislative histories, bill & laws, regulations, the Congressional Record, and related materials.
Type of coverage
Indexing and abstracts only:
- House and Senate Reports (Serial Set), 1970-1990
- House and Senate Documents (Serial Set), 1970-1995
- Committee Prints, 1970-1993
- House and Senate Reports (Serial Set), 1990-present
- House and Senate Documents (Serial Set), 1995-present
- Committee Prints (selected full-text), 1993-2004
- Hearings, 1824-2003 (with selected transcripts for subsequent years)
- Legislative Histories, 1969-present (abbreviated format 1969-1998)
- Bills, 1989-present
- Public Laws, 1988-present
- Congressional Record (Daily edition), 1985-present
- Washington Post, 1987-present
- Congressional Roll Call, 1998-present
- CQ Political News Transcripts, 1995-present
- Code of Federal Regulations, 1981-present
- Federal Register, 1980-present
- Voting Records, 1988-present
- Key Votes in Congress, 1987-present
- Campaign Contributions, 1987-present
- Campaign Finances, 1989-present
- Member Financial Disclosures, 1991-present
Print counterpart or
Many of the publications contained in this collection are available in print or microfiche, as distributed through the U.S. Government's Federal Depository Library Program, especially at the Alexander Library. For more details, consult your library's reference desk or see the Research Guide for Congressional Research.
Congress of the United States
Vendor/electronic presentation provider