This resource requires that cookies be enabled for site access/authentication.
The International Monetary Fund's (IMF) eLibrary provides direct access to the IMF’s periodicals, books, working papers and studies, as well as data and statistical tools. Areas covered include macroeconomics, globalization, development, trade and aid, technical assistance, demographics, emerging markets, policy advice, poverty reduction, and more.
The data subset of the eLibrary is accessible from a tab at the top of each screen. Predefined Data Reports are available as well as queries within and across datasets. Individual datasets include:
- International Financial Statistics (IFS)
- Balance of Payment Statistics (BOP)
- Direction of Trade Statistics (DOTS)
- Government Finance Statistics (GFS)
- Trade and Investment
A separate database for the Annual Report on Exchange Arrangements and Exchange Restrictions (AREAER) is also accessible from a tab at the top of each screen. Including data from 1999 to the present, the report tracks the exchange rate and trade regimes of all members of the International Monetary Fund.
- Help and FAQs are accessible from the eLibrary menu bar with video tutorials included in the help interface.
- The data interface includes a separate help feature also accessible from the menu bar.
- The User Guide for the AREAER database is accessible from the Information menu.
User tools and features
- My eLibrary and My Data allow users to save content, save searches, and create alerts.
- Supports Endnote, ProCite, ReferenceManager, RefWorks, BibTex, and Zotero.
- Includes XML and mobile formats.
- Data can be downloaded in Word, Excel, or PDF format.
1946 to the present. Dates vary by publication.
Books, reports, periodicals, working papers and studies, and data published by the IMF.
Type of coverage
Print counterpart or
Print versions of some publications included in the IMF eLibrary may be found by searching the .
Vendor/electronic presentation provider