Rutgers Restricted Access
SAGE Research Methods is a platform with information about research methodologies in a variety of disciplines. The whole platform is cross-searchable, and it may also be browsed by topic, discipline, or content type:
- Books--Includes newly published titles, methods books (little green books and little blue books), handbooks, and collated volumes of major works in specific subfields.
- Videos--Tutorials, interviews, case studies, and mini-documentaries focused on the research process.
- Reference--Dictionaries and encyclopedias focused on research methods.
- Little Green Books--SAGE's quantitative research methods series.
- Little Blue Books--SAGE's qualitative research methods series.
- Cases--Peer-reviewed case studies showing how methods are applied in real research projects. Learning objectives and discussion questions are included.
- Datasets--Practice datasets indexed by method and data type. Instructional guides are included.
- Project Planner--Step-by-step guide to designing and carrying out a research project.
- Podcasts--Recordings of leading social scientists discussing methodological issues in research. Transcripts are included.
Additional project-planning features include a Methods Map and the Which Stats Test tool.
New titles, of various content types, are added to SAGE Research Methods each year, normally at the beginning of the year.
Type of coverage
Vendor/electronic presentation provider