The Libraries have some locally-owned computers and printers for use by guests. Other labs within the libraries are run by the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Students, faculty, and staff get a print allowance from OIT every semester. Visit OIT's Printing page for information on fees, checking your balance, and adding funds.
Copy cards are required for photocopying or printing from library-owned equipment. You can purchase cards for $1 from vending machines at any Rutgers library. This includes $.50 of value. Add value to your copy card (maximum $25) in denominations of $1, $5, $10, or $20 at the vending machines. You can also order copy cards with an internal purchase order.
Fees (when using a copy card):
- Black and white printing: $ .10 per page
- Color print printing $ .25 per page
- Printing from microform: $ .20 per page
- Large format (poster) printing: Varies; see the poster printing page
Scanning is free, except:
- scan to e-fax (copy card only): $1 per page, minimum $2 charge per transmission
- scan to print (print allowance or copy card): $.10 for B&W, $.25 for color