You can use our ILL services to request books, articles, book chapters, microforms, conference proceedings, or other materials that aren't available at Rutgers, or to request a digital scan of an article or book chapter from one of our non-circulating collections. Physical materials can be picked up from any Rutgers library. Note: we do not borrow textbooks or e-books.
ILL services are available, free of charge, for current students, faculty, and staff; faculty emeriti; visiting scholars/faculty and students; RBHS volunteer faculty; and Rowan and CCC affiliates.
Borrow Books, Articles, and more via ILLiad
- Use for books, articles, book chapters, conference proceedings, and other materials not held by Rutgers
- Delivery times for books may be delayed, as libraries in our networks are in various stages of reopening
- If you need an article or chapter from a non-circulating item at Rutgers, we'll scan it and send it to you
- You'll be notified by email when your requested item becomes available
- Articles are delivered electronically, usually within 1-2 business days
- First-time ILLiad users will need to register