Faculty members may designate a currently enrolled Rutgers student or staff member as a proxy, which allows them to act on the faculty member's behalf to:
- Check out and renew books
- Request delivery of books and articles
- Book media for classroom use
To designate a research assistant please read the "Conditions of Use" below, then complete all requested information on the application form, and click the "Submit Request" button.
Conditions of Use
- The faculty member accepts full responsibility for all material checked out by the research assistant on behalf of the faculty member.
- The faculty member and research assistant must possess a current RUconnection identification card and be registered for library borrowing privileges with no outstanding obligations such as fines, fees, and non-returned recalled books.
- Materials are subject to the same borrowing policies as loans made in person to the faculty member.
- Research assistant privileges will extend for one academic year and can be renewed annually.